Driver’s Education

Drivers Education

Cherryvale Middle/High School will be offering Driver’s Education this summer. We are currently accepting out-of-district students. We will accept 20 additional students on a first-come-first-serve basis.

This course will not only include 28 hours of classroom instruction, but also a competency-based driving portion. Summer is quickly approaching and we are in the process of getting students registered. Please see the details below. We look forward to hearing from you.

Requirements: 

• Must be 14 years of age by May 21st.
  • Be in good standing with Cherryvale USD 447 schools or at current school.
  • Fee: $100.oo dew the first day of class, early payments are also accepted

Class Requirements:

• Attend all classes.
  • Cherryval Middle/High students will have classes May 15th-May 25th.
  • Out-of-District students: classes will be scheduled for May 25th-June 2nd due to the ending school date for surrounding schools.
  • If you are going to miss more than one day, you can not complete the course.
  • Must meet the required competencies for the written and driving portion of the class.
  • Must attend the scheduled driving times, which will run from May 28th-June 30th.

We are very flexible when working with student/family schedules.

We provide: 

• Permit for driver’s education, you do not need a permit prior to signing up for the course.
  • The car and all course materials.

Benefits of taking the course include:

• A solid foundation of the rules of the road.
  • An understanding of various techniques used in everyday driving situations.
  • Skills needed to develop into a safe and conscientious driver.

Driver education is required in order to obtain a restricted license at the age of 15.

Thank you for the consideration of allowing your child to enroll in the Driver’s Education Program at Cherryvale Middle/High School. If you have any questions or concerns or want to enroll your child, please contact James Renfro or Josh DeWeese at 620-336-8100.