The Student News Site of Cherryvale-Thayer Schools

The Charge

The Charge

The Charge

Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

How to Look Your Best

Looking like your best self isn’t that far away. All you have to do is take care of yourself physically and mentally. Some ways you can do that is by getting enough sleep, having good hygiene, getting ready for your day, and most importantly, having confidence. Doing these things are important keys for looking your best. However, these are just some of the ways you can improve your self image. 

Getting your beauty sleep is real. Sleep deprivation makes you look tired and can stress you out. Having a good nights sleep lowers stress and helps you with better looking skin. Everyone needs their beauty sleep. So get enough sleep and you can drastically change your appearance. 

Having good hygiene is key. Something to start with would be washing your face and brushing your teeth every morning and night. Feeling and looking refreshed will make a major difference. I like to put on lotion after I shower to help with smoother skin. When you put on lotion and perfume, your appearance will be more bright, but also help with your scent. 

One of my favorite things to do is dress to impress. You don’t have to go all out all the time, but getting up and putting on something comfortable is one of the main keys to looking your best. When you wear something that you love and you’re confident in, you will feel better about yourself. It doesn’t have to be fancy. Whenever you leave the house, put on something that looks good to you. This is key to looking your best. 

Whenever you get ready for the day, you should always do your hair. Keeping your hair maintained, will make it glow and attract others’ eyes. I find that when I do my own hair, I feel more confident about myself. Even if you just wash and comb it, your hair will look more complimentary. Essentially, doing this will bring your whole look together. 

The most important tip in looking your best is self confidence. You can follow all these tips but if you’re not loving yourself, it will show in your appearance. Confidence is key for looking your best physically, mentally, and emotionally. When it comes down to it, you don’t have to have the best brands or the newest clothes. All you have to do is get yourself ready and have confidence in yourself, what you wear, and what you do.