The Student News Site of Cherryvale-Thayer Schools

The Charge

The Charge

The Charge

Game Review: Job Simulator – The 2050 Archives

Game Review: Job Simulator: The 2050 Archives

Job Simulator: The 2050 Archives is often just referred to as Job Simulator, this game is a must-have experience for anyone with the ability to play virtual reality games. You play as a human in a world mostly composed of robots in the far future. In the game you experience simulations set up by robots trying to replicate jobs humans worked in the past using what little they know about these jobs. These jobs include: office worker, convenience store clerk, gourmet chef, and auto body shop mechanic. 

The basis of the game is funny, entertaining tasks that let you use fun physics to play around with the virtual environment you are placed in. Some may enjoy one job over the other but for the most part my experience was great, I had a lot of fun in every job I was given (though gourmet chef was my personal favorite) and the free play you are offered in each job makes it very fun to revisit each area to play around and use your imagination. I think this should be the first game a person should play when experiencing VR for the first time. It teaches you the feel of VR games and introduces you to the basic experience of being able to interact with most things in your surroundings. I highly recommend this game as an essential experience for someone using any virtual reality console.

(Available on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 & 5, Oculus Quest)